Store Policies, Terms and Conditions
returns and exchanges
ITEMS MAY BE RETURNED WITHIN 10 DAYS FROM PURCHASE FOR REFUND OR EXCHANGE
A minimum of 10% restocking fee may be applied for refunds or exchanges depending on the condition of the item and its packaging. Items must be in the exact condition as purchased.
Receipt of purchase necessary. Refund given using the same method of payment you used for the original transaction.
WE ACCEPT NO RETURNS AFTER 30 DAYS FROM PURCHASE.
Items returned within 30 days of purchase may be converted as store credit on your customer account or exchanged for an equal or larger value item. NO REFUND after 10 days from purchase.
A minimum of 10% restocking fee may be applied for exchanges or credit depending on the condition of the item and its packaging. Items must be in the exact condition as purchased. Receipt of purchase necessary.
The following puchases may not be returned at anytime:
• All purchases are final after you registered it’s warranty with the manufacturer
• Harmonicas, Kazoos, Mouthpieces and open reeds
• Printed music (only exchanges within 10 days of purchase)
• Wireless Microphones or instruments Wireless Systems (exchange or store credit only within 30 days of purchase)
• Installed pickups and transducers
• Consignments and clearance items
You may take malfunctioning or defective items in any of the local warranty authorized repair shops to be repaired under the warranty limitations of the particular brand. If you lost your receipt we can re-print one for you.
We are not responsible for shipping your product back to a manufacturer for repairs.
We welcome trade-ins from our walk-in customers. Here are the conditions:
– The item your are trading in has to be in working condition.
– Original receipt, packaging and documentation will definitely make your trade-in worth more.
– We are required by law to fill-out a police report on all items we buy or trade.
Sometimes, letting us sell your instruments in consignment is your best option. We will like to reserve our consignment service for unusual, special interest or vintage pieces. Here is our program:
– Fair resale value will be established with agreement between the consignee and Wakefield Music
– Our percentage on each transaction may vary upon the type of instruments and will remain to our discretion.
– In some cases we may contact you if a customer makes a reasonable offer below the asking price. You may also call us at any time if you want to reduce the price on your consigned item.
– If the item remains unsold after 4 weeks, you will be asked to either reduce the price or to personally come to reclaim your instrument. We will not be responsible for any unclaimed item after the period agreed between us and the consignee.
– We will need to fill out a police report with your information before consigning an item with Wakefield Music Company.
– We are required to hold consignments for two to four weeks before we can sell them.
You can put any item we sell on layaway with the exception of the items listed below:
-You cannot put an item on layaway if it is a consignment , if it’s less than $50, or an item on special sale or clearance.
-A 40 percent minimum of the listed price of the item is required as a deposit to start a layaway account. Layaways are renewable each month with additional payments of the original 10 percent minimum fee.
-Layaway deposits and payments are not refundable. We will, however,give you 100% store credit for any amount you paid if you decide to terminate your layaway.